How Do You Choose You Baby Must-Haves?
How much stuff does a baby really need? A whole freaking lot! Baby must-haves are important for soon to be moms first-time moms like me because it is new and exciting new chapter in life that is soon to begin!
Questions, questions! What do I buy, how much of it? When to buy it? How soon is too soon?
I think all first-time moms can relate.
We were lucky enough to be gifted so many things prior to our little one’s arrival, so we have paid this forward by giving away as much as we can to expecting parents.
This way, we feel good about ourselves for helping out, and the receiver feels great because it is one or two items less to spend money on.
So here I have put a list together of “Baby Must-Haves: List Of Items For The First Year”
If you are breastfeeding – Can’t help you, I had no milk. *SOB SOB* – It happens sometimes. It is what it is.
MAIN bABY MUST -HAVES ITEMS YOU NEED
- Bottles with nipples
- Bibs and burp cloths
- Baby formula
- Thermal bottle carrier
- Formula Dispenser/Pre Measured Cups (lifesavers at 3am!)
- Crib and crib mattress (duh…)
- Crib Sheets
- Socks and booties
- Sleep sack
- Baby Lotion – keeps your baby’s skin supple
- Barrier Cream
- Baby Oil
- Baby Shampoo
- Talcum Powder – great in helping to absorb moisture
- Diaper Bag
- Diaper Pail
- Changing Pad
- Baby Ointment
- Wipes – You can never have too many of these – never ever!
OTHER BABY MUST -HAVES
- Baby Seat for the Car Maxi-Cosi Rubi XP
- Baby Shoes – some, like me find baby shoes unnecessary, it is a matter of personal taste
- Baby Monitor – these work wonders – though I still go check every 30 mins
- Baby Stroller – ideally one that can recline so your baby can sleep easily. Look for one that can folds easily!
- Rounded Baby Nail Scissors – some parents simply bite, but I wouldn’t advise that
- Baby Thermometer
- Rocking Chair – not only great for the baby, but for mom and dads too
- Baby Carrier – I love the Ergobaby
- Pacifiers – at least two…no, make that four (they always gets lost
- Toys – baby safe, no hard edges
- Books – It is never to early to start reading to your baby
FIVE HELPFUL TIPS
Of course each and every mother experiences the birth of their baby and baby needs differently. These are just ideas and suggestions of mine as a first time mom.
If you have two or more children already, you might feel that you don’t need some of these baby must-haves. I would rather have too much than too little.
But hey, that’s just me.
If you have any suggestions of items that would be helpful to a new mom, please share them below.
Let’s grow this list!