Ready To Know The Most Important Lessons I’ve Learned?
Today is my birthday. Yayyy!
An excellent moment to reflect on the most important lessons I’ve learned.
I have had some wonderful life experiences, including ups and downs, but that’s life, isn’t it?
Learning from these experiences and realizing that happiness is a choice has been life-changing.
My journey of self-growth and embracing a minimalist lifestyle over the past two years has helped me see things from a unique perspective.
I have been able to embrace my authentic self and practice self-love. Finally.
I can’t believe it took me this long to do it.
Not only do I rely solely on myself to be happy, I also have become my own friend.
Doing this has helped me to let go of negative self-talk and practice speaking daily positive affirmations.
I’m in the best place I’ve been and life just keeps getting better. I am grateful for everything in my life today.
The most important lessons I’ve learned so far have helped shape my thoughts and perspectives.
I feel more zealous for living. I feel free.
As I mentioned, it is my birthday today – my 35th one to be precise.
I thought I’d share with you the most important lessons I’ve learned in 35 years.
Maybe you have learned some of the same, and if not, I hope it inspires and motivates you to embrace a simplified and happier life.
So here goes…….
1. The more you focus, the more you see….
2. Happiness is not only a habit, it is a choice.
3. Your reputation is more important than your paycheck.
4. Life will never be perfect.
5. Be kind to yourself.
6. Be kind to others. Always.
7. It is important to invest in yourself.
8. Learn to live with uncertainty.
9. It’s OK to fail – if you try again.
10. Learn how to say no.
A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great month, which becomes a great year, which becomes a great life. – Mandy Hale
11. It is impossible to make everyone happy.
12. Consistency pays off.
13. You can make things happen for you by speaking it into the universe.
14. Your history is just as important as your future.
15. Allow yourself to be where you are.
16. You always have a choice.
17. Que sera sera – Whatever will be, will be.
18. Never displease yourself in order to please others.
19. Your dreams will reveal things to you if you pay attention.
20. Drink more water.
Do not let anyone ever make you feel like you do not deserve what you want. – Heath Ledger
21. There is love in compromise.
22. Pick your battles.
23. Nothing is ever wasted.
24. Always, always, always, listen to your intuition.
25. Maintain an attitude of gratitude.
26. Accept that people change.
27. If someone tells you that you have changed, accept it as a compliment.
28. Choose your words wisely.
29. Know how to say sorry, thank you and I love you.
30. Kids learn more from their parents’ behaviour more than their words.
After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are. – Shrek
31. Your passion will become your purpose.
32. Seek quality in your relationships, thoughts and conversations.
33. Have confidence.
34. Follow your heart, it knows the way.
35. Never say never. Life is unpredictable.
'Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.'- Rita Mae Brown Click To Tweet
Among the most important lessons I’ve learned so far is that you can also see life as an equation.
Make additions to your life with people who motivate and inspire you to do and be your best.
Subtract those who fill your life with hurt, negativity and pain.
Multiply the people around you who love you unconditionally; and finally, divide the ones who do not appreciate you.
I am a work in progress, still learning every day.
There surely will be new lessons learned between today and my next birthday.
All I can say is that I am excited for what is to come.
Can you relate to the most important lessons I’ve learned in life?
Kindly share them with me in the comments section below!
I hope your day is as great as mine.